I am so happy (but tired) right now.
Taking naps with my cat.
Today, my sister and I tried to make our own potato chips. As you can see we failed because it looked like crap and tasted even crapper, but that doesn’t mean we’re giving up. We are going to try and make some sweet potato chips tomorrow.
I also juiced some oranges for us to enjoy while watching Masterchef, which is quite possibly the best TV show in Australia right now.
Friday evening I invited some girls over for dinner. I made gnocchi alla sorrentina from scratch. I am so glad that it turned out well and the girls enjoyed it. For dessert, we had strawberries and chocolate and jelly.
Dedicating my last Friday and Saturday evenings to my good friends before uni starts again was the best decision of my entire Winter break. I’ve missed hanging out with them, and just talking, eating and drinking with them gives me so much life and fun.
Last night I went to my friend’s birthday celebration. Besides from the fact that I was completely underdressed and drunk there, the cake was really good and the view from the apartment was superb. After I left the apartment:
- D’s dad picked me up from the city and I tried to act sober which was possibly the most difficult thing last night.
- His dad drove us back to his place so D could take me home. He told me to wait in the car for a couple of minutes because he had to go in the house to get something. He came out with a box of creme brulee from the Brulee Cart and a box of gnocchi alla sorrentina that he had made the other day.
- There were a lot of waterworks from me because I may or may not be an emotional drunk. I think I cried over the creme brûlée because I did not expect him to get me one. What a pleasant surprise.
- He bought me Maccas and got my usual order.
- He drove me home, tucked me in bed and I conked out before 1am for once.
I had a pretty good night overall.